Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Ai, Ho`opuka E Ka La Ma Ka Hikina

Day 17. Back to my roots.




Going back to my roots, my culture.  It was hula today! Yup. I finally got my butt back to hula.  It's been a while since I've been back to class, and I've been wanting to go ever since I got home from college. It's just hard to fit it into my schedule, especially with work and working the night shift.  Hula is every Monday and Wednesday evening, so I try to make it when I can.  And today just happened to work out perfectly! No closing shift.  Uncle Richard, my uncle and Kumu, is home and was teaching so I thought I'd pay him a little visit!

An art form so unique to our Hawaiian culture.


I forgot how much I enjoy dancing hula, the story telling part... no so much the training.  It was back to basics though, the first half of class was all kaholo's, `uwehe's, and all that good stuff.  Just talk about burning thighs....seriously! Well, once we got through basics and started going through songs (and actually started to remember them) I was back to doing what I love, which is dancing! 

Now i'm going to kaholo on out of here and go moe moe (sleep)!

a hui hou (until we meet again).

Day 17. Done!

tomorrow is 6am crossfit with my lulu girls!

3 comments:

  1. Hey la we did a circuit set yesterday that you should do! haha here's the workout:
    400 warm-up, 4x100 drill on 1:45, 4x50 build 1:00
    10x50 1:00 odds: first half fast, second half easy. evens: distance per stroke.

    1: 3x200 i.m. on 3:00
    2. 18x25 on :30 6 kick, 6 free, 6 choice
    3. 9x50 on 1:00 (1 ez, 1 fast, 1 ez, 2 fast, 1 ez, 3 fast)
    4. 2x250 (125 on 2:00, 75 choice 1:30, 50 choice on 1:00)
    5. 2x50 kick on 1:00, 75 choice on 1:30, 50 kick on 1:00
    6. 3x vertical kick free/fly/breast (:15 hands down, :15 hands up, :15 hands down, :15 elbows out, :15 streamline)
    4x25 1st half fast
    2x25 sprint

    200 wd

    reading your blog keeps me motivated! good job chee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad you didn't step up and do hula in that talent show, you wouldn't have been so out of it ;) ...Glad someone stayed motivated after college. Keep it up, and I shall keep up the eating

    ReplyDelete
  3. BIEHLE that is the funniest thing ever!!!! your food is probably delicious...send some recipes my way. no i'm coming to you, you'll be the chef and it'll taste sooo much better!!

    So for that workout...fish that is crazy. haven't been in the water forever. i should try it though. YOU TOO BIEHLE! let me know how it goes :)

    ReplyDelete