Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Get Up!

The alarm clock went off and immediately I pressed snooze, thinking I have a few more minutes to sleep in.  As I look at the time on my phone, I jump out of bed.  Class was starting in 10 minutes.

aaahhhhhhh, I was going to be late.

I really don't like showing up for appointments late, especially this one.  The one class I schedule my life around! I can't just not show up.

So, on top of being 10 minutes late for class, my body was KILLING me.  My shoulders, triceps, and hamstrings were on fire.  Yesterday I appreciated the openness of my hamstrings as I went through my yoga practice, but today it wasn't serving me the same way.  I could barely touch my toes without feeling the burn.

But you know what? I got up, got out of bed, and went to class (late)! And I'm glad I did.  It was a beautiful, yet HARD practice.  As I went through the movements I felt every muscle in my body, especially those that were screaming as I frantically rolled out of bed.  That is the one thing I can always count on and absolutely love about Jill's class.  I literally feel every muscle in my body. By the end of the practice my arms were fatigued and I was pooped!

It was a great start to my day.

But, first things first...I gotta GET UP! (no more snooze button)






      

1 comment:

  1. I have the same problem...damn the SNOOZE button!

    ReplyDelete