Saturday, September 25, 2010

Burpees and Box Jumps

Day 20.

Today started with some smooth moves taught by Egan Inoue and Corrie from eStudio. They held an in-store Women's Self Defense class at lululemon Ala Moana. There are no words to describe all the FUN we had in that class.  The pictures will say it all, like they say "a picture is worth a thousands words" and we're serious about that.  Jack captured some good photos of all of us (Danyelle, Coco, Jackie, and I) taking each other down with the moves Egan and Corrie taught us.  Whoever would have thought that self defense class could be sooo much fun?! I didn't, until today!

After work I went to Jack and Danyelle's for another training session, and Maile joined us! It was fun as usual...chatting, laughing, laughing some more, and then doing the workout! Oops, forgot about the warm-up and workout part. Danyelle and I end up laughing and talking story that we forget to talk while we do our warm-up.  We like the filipino squat! It looks like we're doing something. Haha, just kidding! But seriously, it's always a great time.  It's family style when you work out with them.  I love it!

Here was the WOD:
10 Burpees
10 Box Jumps
*5 rounds for time!

First rounds we were smiling and laughing all of that stopped after that. From round 2 on we were silent, all you could hear was our breathing...breathing hard! It was a tough workout, and it kicked my butt.  I felt my legs the first set of 10 box jumps, I knew from there it was going to be an ass kicker...literally! I'll let you know how my body feels about it tomorrow. But, no matter how tough the workout I'm always glad I did it after! And to top it all off Maile had us cracking up after, which was a workout all in itself.  If you haven't seen her cheerleading moves, it's a must!! (Jack will catch on film one of these days and we'll share it!).

I'll have pictures from today's training that will show how beat I was during and after the workout!

Day 20. Done!

Tomorrow is an insanity style workout at Power House! I don't know what I'm getting myself into. It should be fun, if not there is always Coco's yoga class...another butt kicker!

No comments:

Post a Comment