Friday, September 10, 2010

Let Go.

Day 5 and it's back to the mat.

A Friday lunch flow with Jill. Yup! I had the privilege of getting in two wonderful workouts with her this week. And yes, today's practice was no different.  I felt every muscle in my body quivering.  It was no time for my mind to check out, thinking of what needs to be done today, what am I getting from Coffee Bean after class, I can't get my fingertips to the ground, or my hamstrings SCREAMING at me.  Instead of holding on and gripping to those thoughts, I let go. Using every inhale and every exhale to slowly surrender and turn my focus inward.  No chatter, no wandering mind, just my breath.


With each breath I was able to release and get deeper into the postures.  As I moved through the practice, my mind would often wonder as I felt the tension in my muscles.  Feeling my hamstrings as I reached towards the floor, forward fold.  My shoulders slowly opening as I twisted my upper body over the front knee in a high lunge, revolved side angle stretch.

One thing about Jill's class is that no matter where we are in the practice, at some point we all start cracking up. Today, it was someone's lululemon tag sticking out that Jill politely ripped out, and Jill telling me she'd give me my arms back after class, after she gave me an amazing yet excruciating adjustment...total shoulder and hamstring opener!

As my body warmed up I was doing handstands, backbends, and seated forward folds.  It was a nice balance to my kettlebell swings and burpees workout yesterday.  I took the time to breath, lengthen, and let go.  Letting go of all the unknown and being present to this moment.  Going back to that place of vibration, that oneness. One breath, one movement. OM.

Day 5. Done!



No comments:

Post a Comment