Friday, September 17, 2010

A Beautiful Class. A Beautiful Day.

Day 12.

Sometimes its hard to fit in a workout.  Thatʻs exactly what today was like for me.  As soon as I woke up I had a to-do list going on in my head: work, e-mails, groceries, and the list goes on.  I felt like I had so much to do that I didnʻt even know when Iʻd be able to get my workout in.  I could get up and go for a run, or I could take advantage of the unlimited classes we have offered to us at work this week. Workout for free? Why not?!

So, I pulled up the schedule for Aloha Yoga Kula in Kailua.  Itʻs so convenient, at least it is for me, and because I absolutely heart the kula! If youʻve never been there, itʻs a must. You need to check it out. A beautiful garden setting, amazing teachers, great classes and awesome energy!




Looking at the schedule I see that I missed Martinʻs class, which left me with Brigitteʻs Gentle Yoga class or Jillʻs Lunch Flow.  Both Brigitte and Jill are amazing teachers, who both share a great love for yoga! I wanted to take both classes, although I knew that Jillʻs class was cutting it way too close for work. So Brigitteʻs class it was.  And to my surprise she packs it in! The 10:15am class was packed with people, and I got the pleasure of practicing with friends who just so happened to be there for the class as well.  What a pleasant surprise! Donʻt let the name of the class fool you.  It was Gentle Yoga, but gently yoga does get your whole body warmed from the inside out.  Lengthening and strengthening all the muscles in the body.  I really got deep into my hips and hamstrings, which was much needed after all the cycling, hiking, and cross-fit Iʻve done over the past few days.  Plus, Brigitteʻs class is always so beautiful, setting the tone for the rest of the day.  

A beautiful yoga practice and an amazing closing crew at work makes for a great day!! 


"Let the beauty of what you love be what you do" - Rumi 

Day 12. Done!

Tomorrow is Zumba, Yoga, and Cross-fit...Get excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment